The “SM System” or “Stabilization and Mobilization System” relies on many years of development and experience with this exercise in patients with lumbar, thoracic and neck pain and in patients with acute disc herniation or scoliosis.
The SM system is a method of spiral stabilization of the center of the body, the practice of this method leads to the strengthening of the oblique abdominal muscles and the activation of the direct abdominal muscles. There is a stretching (traction) of the spine and relieving pressure on the intervertebral discs and joints, exercise achieves proper posture and stable walking.
The exercise consists of a set of exercises according to MUDr. Richard Smíšek, which help to correctly activate the spiral muscle chains and thus allow the spine to be stretched upwards, thus providing the discs between the vertebrae with sufficient space for treatment and regeneration.
Due to bad habits (sedentary work, working on a laptop), we have a spiral muscle chain weakened and at the same time very overloaded vertical muscle chain, which causes compression of the vertebrae together and thus overloading and damaging the intervertebral discs.
How does the course work?
- Dynamic exercise with an elastic rope
- You will learn the basic 12 exercises that will change the life of your spine
For perfect learning of 12 basic exercises, it is necessary to complete the entire course, 12 lessons of SM system exercises in a group, where you will be supervised by an experienced instructor Václav Tofl.
- Monday 18:15, beginning of the course 14. 2. 2022, end of the course 2. 5. 2022
- Tuesday 18:15, beginning of the course 15. 2. 2022, end of the course 3. 5. 2022
- Thursday 18:15, beginning of the course 17. 2. 2022, end of the course 5. 5. 2022
Courses are held once a week. For more information and to register for the course, call 737 09 00 74.
12 lessons CZK 2,500
12 lessons student, senior CZK 2,300 (student up to 26 years, senior from 65 years)
Beneficial effects of the SM System:
- Excellent exercise for the regeneration of the spine and intervertebral discs
- Activation of the internal stabilization system
- Deepening body perception, improving movement stereotypes
- Prevention of disorders of large joints – hips, shoulders, knees
- Body shaping and fitness improvement
- Prevention and treatment of prolapse of the intervertebral disc of the lumbar and cervical spine
- Treatment of neck, chest and lumbar spine pain
Who can exercise?
The exercise is suitable for any age group from 5 years to 100 years – children, women, men, seniors, pregnant, non-peak and top athletes. The SM system is suitable for people with back pain problems or who want to prevent spinal disorders
This method is also used by many top athletes as a fitness training in order to improve sports performance and prevent overload and degeneration of the spine and large joints in sports.